Saturday, June 15, 2013

So last month.. Onto month 2!

I didn't post last weekend because I was feeling defeated! I barely lost any inches or lbs. I've lost about 5 total lbs. I can tell my clothes fit different but, that's all I can see.. So I wasn't wanting to report nothing. I think I get caught up cause this is a weight loss blog and I'm not really dropping big numbers over here. The places I see it vanishing aren't measured.. My shoulders, neckline, bust.. Well I measure that.. And my legs are toning up a lil.. Starting very faintly to see my quad line on the side show up and my knees are less fat. Ha! 

The biggest thing I've noticed is my attitude. So much better when I exercise! I feel more confident, I feel proud of myself and I feel prettier.. Even if the scale isn't plunging! 

I found a quote on Pinterest that really sums up what I am feeling and living! 

" motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going"

So true! I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to skip the gym and went anyway, wanted to slack off on my walking and sucked it up. All the time. I do it because there is a point. I want to be stronger, healthier and happier. I can bitch and moan in my head THE WHOLE TIME. Or, I can tell myself how awesome I am and that I'm a badass sexy chick. I CAN do this! I tend to oscillate between the two. :) 

I am so fortunate to have the women in my life I do! I have 3 friends that I've been working out alongside. They keep me focused, accountable and social! It's always more fun with a friend and its been exactly what I need right now! 

I am signed up for a 5k in a week. It's more of an obstacle course in mud. I'm nervous but I've been consistent for 5 weeks.. Being active and hitting the gym 3-4 times a week. I hope to enjoy it and have a great experience! 

Thanks for reading.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment