Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The New Year

So every new year people commence to change their ways! It's a fresh start! I'm going to be different by God! .. For me, this happens every Monday... I know, exhausting, right? But this year I really feel it! I think I'm so sick of being unhealthy not just physically, but definitely emotionally and spiritually as well. I was in bed crying the other night just finally hitting my "fat" bottom if you will, pun not intended :)

The next day I made the choice to go to the gym and track my food choices.. I will weigh/ measure on Friday the results of my effort and I must say, I am excited! I have done some sort of activity everyday to reach my goal and stayed pretty close in range to my calories allotted. I got a bodybugg for Xmas.. If you watch the Biggest Loser, it's those armbands they wear. They track calories burned, steps taken and have a food log too. I just use MyFitnessPal app and then will copy it over to see my bodybugg math in action.

It's really helped to have a group of friends that attend the same gym and like the same classes. It gets me motivated! I'm also working on the mental aspect by going through a book called a course in weight loss with some friends. I'm stuck on the first lesson cause you have to write a lot about your issues.. I have more issues than US Weekly!

But I feel positive even though I'm the biggest girl in my Zumba class and my feet feel like they might just fall off at the ankles. I go back again cause I'm in it to win it! I'm here to say, take note! Because I am just going to be shrinking from here on out! If you see me in the gym you will get to witness this transformation in action. It may not look pretty..actually, I guarantee it won't.. But in the end I will be healthy and here for my kids. I will teach my daughter to be healthy and that you can achieve anything! Even if its losing 100#. I just want to be a healthy BMI. I don't want to stand out in Zumba class and I want to have loads of energy to reach other life goals. I've been stagnate too long. Isolating, beating myself up and feeling like crap. I want to be sublimely happy no matter what size jeans I'm in cause I know I'm taking care of myself and my family!

Let me hop off my soapbox, thanks for reading and let the transforming begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment